I set out the other day to make some gluten free banana pecan breakfast muffins. After accidentally ordering way too many bananas from my local grocery store. Of course they were all ripe at the same time. They could have been frozen , but I decided to create a new healthy muffin. Sometimes using gluten free flours can result in dry baked goods. I didn’t want a grainy texture either. Almond flour adds the perfect texture to these muffins and adds in more nutrients too. My goal was to create a healthy gluten free breakfast muffin that tasted delicious but was filling and had great texture. It couldn’t have a huge amount of sugar, and it had to be gluten free. Well, welcome to the world gluten free banana pecan breakfast muffins, you’re here to stay!
These muffins aren’t light and fluffy, but don’t worry, they have their own perfect texture. They are almost like a muffin and banana bread had a baby. A crumbly muffin with the perfect amount of sweetness! They would taste amazing warmed up with a little bit of butter or even better, a drizzle of peanut butter! I love peanut butter and banana. I added a few extra pecans on the top to make them look extra tasty. If you don’t have pecans, walnuts would be super tasty as well.
If you’re looking for a snack or breakfast, these gluten free banana pecan breakfast muffins are absolutely perfect. My daughter and husband gobbled them up right away. They freeze well too if you have extra! For another snack idea, check out these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls. They’re amazing!Jump to Recipe
Gluten Free Banana Pecan Breakfast Muffins
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Large Banana's (mashed)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter Cooled
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with parchment paper cups or oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond flour, all purpse flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a large bowl beat the egg and sugar together. Add in the maple syrup, yogurt, vanilla, banana, and melted butter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffins cups. Bake for 23-25 minutes.