This Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti is one of my staples that I go to make over and over again. It comes together in under 30 minutes and is packed with flavour! It’s a good one, and you should make it… tonight!
For more dinner ideas check out this Creamy Garlic Chicken and Asparagus, or this Protein Packed Vegan Chili.
Pasta brings so much comfort. It’s easy to make and lovely to share with friends. This Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti takes it up a notch and is packed with so much flavour! It doesn’t take long to get on the table because almost everything is a pantry staple.
Can this be vegan?
Yes, this pasta can definitely be vegan. The only thing you’ll need to switch out is the cream. I highly recommend either using cashew cream that is already made, or you can actually boil the cashews in with the sauce, so they become soft and easy for blending. If you boil the cashews with the sauce, you’ll need to add in a bit more vegetable stock to thin the sauce.
Is this Sun Dried Tomato Spaghetti Gluten Free?
This recipe is gluten free as long as you use gluten free noodles. Everything else is gluten free! Just to be sure though always check the labels.
Ingredients you will need for this spaghetti dish!
- Onion – One cup of diced onion is used in this pasta. A yellow onion is ideal here.
- Can of tomatoes – A 28oz can of diced or whole tomatoes is needed including the juices.
- Olive oil – Used for cooking the onion and garlic and adds to the flavour!
- Vegetable stock – Used to create the sauce and thin out the tomatoes.
- Garlic – 4 cloves of minced garlic is used in this recipe!
- Salt – Used in the sauce to bring the flavours out more!
- Sun Dried Tomatoes – Use marinated sun-dried tomatoes and don’t rinse them. Just scoop them out of the jar.
- Cream – Needed to bring the acidity of the tomatoes down and adds a delicious flavour. Use cashew cream for a vegan version.
- Pasta – Use whatever pasta noodles you have on hand. It’s delicious no matter what!
How to make this Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
This recipe will come together quickly, so it’s best to have everything read to go!
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add in the olive oil and once hot, add in the onion. Cook the onion until it’s translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
Pour the vegetable stock in and scrape up any brown bits that are on the bottle of the pan. Add in the sun-dried tomatoes, the can of tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 15 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package directions!
Let the sauce cool slightly and transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender. Blend until smooth and then transfer the sauce back to the pot and stir in the cream.
Serve immediate with some fresh parmesan cheese!
Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 28oz can of diced or whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 lb spaghetti
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the onion until it starts to go translucent. About 3-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the vegetable stock and scrape up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and canned tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. While this is simmering, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- Once the sauce is done, let it cool slightly and then transfer to a blended and blend until smooth. Pour it back in to the pot and stir in the cream. Toss with the pasta and enjoy right away!
- To make this dish vegan, use cashew cream instead of dairy.
- To make it gluten free, use gluten free noodles.
Leave a Reply