This simple and healthy cream of cauliflower and carrot soup is super easy to whip up, and it’s so good. It’s good for you too! This healthy vegetable soup recipe is packed full of veggies and uses a little milk and a little cheddar cheese to make it creamier. But the true star is the cauliflower because it makes up most of the soup. A simple soup is a great way to pack in the vegetables, and we could all use more.
For more of my delicious soup recipes, check out 30 Minute Easy Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi Soup or this Easy Curried Lentil Soup. Pair this healthy cream of cauliflower soup with this delicious Avocado and Boursin Grilled Cheese, it’s a winner!
Why you’ll love this easy vegetable soup recipe!
This simple and healthy cream of cauliflower and carrot soup is flavourful and super simple to make. You basically throw it all together, cook the veggies a bit, add stock, simmer and then blend. It’s an easy recipe that can also be adapted to any dietary needs.
Can I make this simple and healthy cream of cauliflower and carrot soup recipe dairy free?
This healthy soup recipe can easily be made gluten free. Substitute in a dairy free milk of your choice. You can skip the cheese completely, or use some nutritional yeast or vegan cheese for flavour.
Ingredients needed for this cream of vegetable soup recipe!
Only a small amount of ingredients are needed for this soup!
- Onion – 1 cup of sliced onion is needed.
- Cauliflower – The main star of the soup.
- Carrots – 1.5 cups of chopped carrots are in this.
- Olive Oil – To cook the veggies in.
- Garlic – Two fresh garlic cloves are used, you can use garlic powder in a pinch.
- Herbs – Dried herbs are used for flavour. I used rosemary.
- Stock – Chicken stock or vegetable broth can be used.
- Milk – 3/4 cup of whole milk gives this soup a creamy texture!
- Cheese – I used 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Salt and Pepper – Use these to your taste!
How to make Cream of Cauliflower and Carrot Soup!
Grab a large pot with a lid. If you have a dutch oven, it’s always great for soups because of the even heat!
Prepare all your ingredients before beginning to cook because this recipe doesn’t take long to put together.
Heat a large pot over medium heat and add in a tablespoon of olive oil, and then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Once the onion has softened, add in the chopped cauliflower and carrots. Cook these for another 5 minutes, and then add in the garlic and herbs.
Pour in the chicken stock and stir the soup around. Cover with a lid and simmer on medium low for about 15 minutes. The vegetables should be fork tender when done.
Carefully transfer the soup into a blender, and blend until silky smooth. If the soup is too thick, you can add in a little more stock.
When the soup is nice and smooth, transfer it back to the pot and add in the milk and the cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with some delicious crusty bread!
Simple and Healthy Cream of Cauliflower and Carrot Soup
- 1 blender or immersion blender.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 med head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1.5 cups chopped carrot
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add in the olive oil and the onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add in the chopped cauliflower and the carrots and cook for another 5, stirring often. Add in the garlic and the herbs and then pour in the chicken stock.
- Cover the pot with a lid, and let it simmer on medium low for about 15 minutes, The vegetables should be fork tended.
- Carefully transfer to a blender, and blend until silky smooth. Transfer the soup back to the pot and pour in the milk and the cheese. Stir until the cheese is all melted. Add salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve with some crusty bread!