This easy Leek and Broccoli Frittata with Gruyère is a wonderful breakfast or brunch that takes just 20 minutes to make. I’ve been loving making these each morning as a simple and healthy breakfast with lots of protein, and the serving of veggies to start the day is even better! You can serve this easy frittata recipe alone, or pair it with some Fluffy pancakes with the Fluffiest Gluten Free Pancakes!
Why you will love this Frittata recipe!
This simple egg frittata recipe is a winner because it’s simple and can easily be adapted with whatever ingredients you have one hand. I love adding in broccoli and leeks, but mushrooms and spinach would be super tasty too. This vegetable frittata recipe is easily adapted to make more as well.
Ingredients needed for this Easy Leek and Broccoli Frittata with Gruyère!
- Eggs – Six Large eggs are used in this recipe.
- Milk – 1/4 cup of whole milk is mixed in with the eggs.
- Broccoli – 2 cups of chopped broccoli is needed.
- Leek – One cup of sliced leeks are used. You can use onion as well.
- Gruyère – Gruyère cheese is a stronger cheese and adds great flavour. You can easily swap it out though for cheddar or parmesan if you like.
- Butter – To cook the veggies in.
- Rosemary – I added a sprinkle of rosemary, but use whatever dried herbs you have.
- Salt and Pepper – Season to taste when you eat the frittata!
How to make this Easy Vegetable Frittata with Gruyère recipe!
This simple vegetable frittata recipe will come together quickly and makes for a delicious breakfast or lunch.
Preheat the oven to 400°.
In an 8″ cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add in the sliced leek and the broccoli. Cook the leek and broccoli for 5 minutes, stirring often. Then add in 1/4 teaspoon of rosemary or another herb if you like. Spread the veggies out evenly in the skillet. Once you pour the egg in, you won’t be able to adjust the vegetables.
Whisk the eggs and the milk together until very well combined. Then pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Gently level out the egg mixture so it’s covering all the veggies equally. Sprinkle on the grated cheese and then transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake the leek and broccoli frittata for 15 minutes. The eggs should be set, and the cheese should have started to brown.
Carefully remove the skillet from the oven, and slice and serve!
Tips for making this simple frittata recipe!
- I have listed this recipe as four servings as if it’s being paired with something else. This recipe makes enough for two people to have as a main dish.
- Be careful handling the cast iron pan. Use an oven mitt to transfer the pan to the oven.
- Make sure to cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces for ease when eating.
Easy Leek and Broccoli Frittata with Gruyère
- 1 8" skillet
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated Gruyère
- 1/2 tsp rosemary optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Heat the cast iron skillet over medium heat and add in the butter. Then add in the leeks and the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Whisk together the eggs and the milk until well combined.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add in the rosemary, and then spread the vegetables evenly through the pan. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and carefully level it out. Sprinkle the cheese all over and then carefully transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes. The egg should be set and the cheese should have started to brown. Remove from the oven and enjoy!