This Simple Grape and Feta Arugula Salad with Candied Pecans is absolutely delicious! One of my favourite ways to add some WOW to a salad is by mixing sweet and salt and adding some crunch. This tasty salad recipe has it all.
One of the ways I get more vegetable into everyone in my house is starting every dinner with a salad or a vegetable soup. I don’t go out of my way to whip up a soup before dinner, it’s more if we have some in the fridge. The Best Healthy Cream of Broccoli Soup is one of my favourites. Or you can pair this yummy salad recipe with a soup for the perfect lunch! Or make this Avocado and Boursin Grilled Cheese to have beside this simple grape and feta arugula salad with candied pecans. Okay, I’m rambling on about all the delicious possibilities.
Is this simple grape and feta arugula salad with candied pecans gluten free?
Yes it is! Since everything is made from scratch for this salad, it’s easy to make sure it’s gluten free. Make sure your oil and vinegar is gluten free, and everything else should be.
Can I make this arugula salad recipe dairy free?
The only thing that contains dairy in the recipe is the feta cheese. Leave out the feta or replace with some vegan cheese of choice! You could also add in a salt nut of choice like cashews for the salty flavour.
Ingredients needed for this candied pecan salad with arugula and feta cheese?
This salad has a few ingredients, but it doesn’t take long to put it all together.
For the candied pecans you’ll need…
- 1/2 cup of pecans halves
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
For the balsamic vinaigrette…
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- 1 tsp dijon mustard.
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey.
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed.
- sale and pepper to taste.
For the salad…
- 4 cups of thinly sliced romain lettuce.
- 4 cups of loosely pack arugula.
- 1 cup of sliced grapes.
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta.
- The candied pecans.
How to make this simple arugula salad recipe with grapes and feta?
This simple and healthy salad recipe won’t take long to whip up. Start with the candied pecans.
Line a plate with parchment paper. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Toast the pecans until they start to smell fragrant. Now pour in the maple syrup and using a spatula, stir the pecans. Keep stirring otherwise the pecans may burn. Stir them until they are all coated in maple syrup and they stick together. Once this happen, transfer them to the parchment paper and spread out to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
For the salad dressing, mix all of the ingredients in a small jar or whisk in a small bowl. Set aside.
Once the pecans are cool, you can assemble the salad. This is best done right before you are going to eat as arugula can be sensitive to the acid in the vinegar.
Toss together the romain lettuce and the arugula. Pour on the dressing and toss the greens until everything is coated. Sprinkle on the grapes, the feta cheese and top with the pecans.
Simple Grape and Feta Arugula Salad with Candied Pecans
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups thinly sliced romain lettuce
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced grapes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
For the candied pecans
- In a medium frying pan, toast the pecans over medium heat until they start to smell fragrant. Now pour in the maple syrup and stir to coat all the pecans. Keep stirring them until they start to stick together. Now transfer them to a piece of parchment paper, spread them out and let the pecans cool until you have the rest of the salad ready.
- Whisk together the oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon, maple syrup, and garlic clove. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper and taste. Adjust if needed.
- In a large bowl, toss together the romain lettuce and arugula. Pour the dressing on the greens and toss the salad until all the greens are coated.
- Sprinkle on the grapes and lightly toss so they don't all fall to the bottom. Now sprinkle on the feta cheese and the candied pecans. Serve immediately .