These are the best banana chocolate chip muffins with honey! I make a lot of banana baked goods because we always seem to have a few brown bananas. I also try to make my baking a bit healthier when possible. If I can, I enjoy using a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. They add flavour and they also have extra nutrients in there. This simple one bowl banana muffin recipe is easy, and takes under 30 minutes from start to finish. Fresh baked banana muffins in the morning are the best. These chocolate chip banana muffins make an easy snack and pair perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee!
If you love muffins check out these Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins and these Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Muffins! These Rhubarb Crumble Muffins are such a treat too!
Why you’ll love these banana chocolate chip muffins with honey!
These muffins got the title of the best banana chocolate chips muffins with honey for a couple of reasons. I love an easy recipe, and this is just that. A muffin that is sweet, but not too sweet, is perfect and that has a lovely texture. I love that the honey lends to an even better texture and it gives some flavour that pairs perfectly with the banana and the chocolate chips. You can’t go wrong with this simple banana muffin recipe!
Can I make The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Honey Gluten Free?
Yes, these tasty muffins can be made gluten free. Just use an all purpose gluten free flour blend. I like Bobs here. Certain flour blends may lend to a gritty texture, but I don’t find Bobs Red Mill to be gritty at all.
Ingredients needed for this one bowl banana muffin recipe!
- Olive Oil – This is the fat in the recipe.
- All Purpose Flour – Gluten free or regular.
- Honey – Used as the sweetener.
- Mashed Banana – one cup of mashed banana is used.
- Eggs – Two large eggs are needed.
- Vanilla – 1 teaspoon is used.
- Baking Powder – Used for height.
- Baking Soda – 1/2 a teaspoon is needed.
- Salt – Brings out the flavour.
- Chocolate Chips – Use dark or milk chocolate!
How to make these banana honey chocolate chip muffins?
This simple one bowl muffin recipe comes together super quickly.
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 12 cup muffin tin with parchment cups. You can also grease the cups if you don’t have paper cups.
Mash the bananas in a large bowl. 3 medium bananas made 1 cup of mashed banana.
Next you want to add in the olive oil, honey, eggs and vanilla and then whisk it all together until it’s really well combined.
Now add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until just combined and then add in the chocolate chips and fold those in.
Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tin. I like to add a few chocolate chips to each muffin top.
Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Store them in an air tight container for up for four days!
The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Honey
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until there are no clumps. Add in the olive oil, honey, eggs and vanilla and whisk until it's all well combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tin and top each muffin with a couple chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes.
- When the muffins are done, remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Leave a Reply