These are the best Healthy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins! I have been making gluten free muffins for about 8 years, and it’s hard to make a muffin that still tastes great two days later that is gluten free. This easy muffin recipe only has two different flours, and they are an all purpose flour and almond flour. If you love muffins, check out these Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Muffins and these Lemon Poppyseed muffins!
Can these Healthy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins be made dairy free?
Yes, these gluten free blueberry muffins can be made dairy free. Simply use a plant milk in place of cows milk. I have used oat milk and they still turn out great!
Do I have to use Almond Flour in these blueberry muffins?
The almond flour gives these muffins a delicious crumbly texture. Without the almond flour, the muffins will be more dense and will become grainy after a day, so I highly recommend using almond flour and not substituting it here.
Ingredients needed for The Best Healthy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins!
- All Purpose gluten free flour such as Bobs Red Mill. This is the one I use in most of my baking.
- Almond Flour – I usually find mine at Costco. This adds that lovely crumbly texture to the muffins.
- Coconut Sugar – I use this for a less sweet version. You can substitute in brown sugar if that’s all you have. I like to sprinkle a little on the top of each muffin before baking.
- Olive Oil – 1/2 cup is needed for these muffins. Avocado oil works well too.
- Milk – Either diary or plant milk will work in this recipe.
- Eggs – Two large eggs are needed in this easy muffin recipe.
- Vanilla – Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavour.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon adds the perfect flavour to the muffins.
- Salt – I used sea salt here.
- Baking Powder – Needed to make the muffins rise.
- Fresh Blueberries – two cups of fresh blueberries are used in this recipe. I like to save a few to put on top of the muffin to make them look extra pretty!
How to make these easy and healthy gluten free blueberry muffins?
These muffins come together quickly and you only need one bowl.
Preheat the oven to 375° and line a muffin tin with parchment cups.
Start with whisking together the olive oil and coconut sugar until well combined. Then add in the two eggs and whisk the batter until its nice and smooth and the eggs are fully combined. Now add in the milk and vanilla and combine well. Add the flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and slowly mix it until everything is well combined. There shouldn’t be any lumps in the batter.
Fold in the blueberries slowly and carefully so you don’t break them apart. You can add a little sprinkle of coconut sugar to the top of each muffin before baking for a little extra sweet crunch.
Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. There may be a few crumbs on the toothpick because of the almond flour.
The Best Healthy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup packed almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose GF Flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a muffin tin with parchment cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and coconut sugar until mixed well. Add in the eggs and mix until well combined and then add in the milk and vanilla.
- Once the wet ingredients are mixed well, add in the almond flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until well combined as there shouldn't be any lumps.
- Fold in the blueberries carefully so you don't break them.
- Fill each muffin tin to the top and sprinkle a little extra coconut sugar on top if you like.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. A toothpick should come out clean with maybe a few crumbs on it.
Leave a Reply