These are seriously the fluffiest gluten free pancakes ever. I’ve been experimenting for years with pancakes because I’m picky. I like my pancake to have a great texture, be fluffy, and cook up well. They need to taste great too!
I’ve had my share of gritty and earthy tasting gluten free pancakes, and these are not them! These pancakes taste amazing with the addition of melted butter and the perfect gluten free flour blend. The almond flour gives a delicious crumbly texture to these pancakes. This is the gluten free flour blend that I use often and we LOVE it!
I like to top my fluffiest gluten free pancakes with all different toppings! My favourite is fruit and maple syrup. I also love to almond butter and honey on top. My kids love Nutella on theirs. For birthdays they like to add sprinkles. We don’t always choose the healthiest options, but that’s what life is all about!
It’s a tradition in our house to make pancakes on my daughters birthday in the age she turned. It’s one of her favourite things. Then we add on the whipping cream and fresh fruit and it’s the perfect way to start a new year!
How to make the Fluffiest Gluten Free Pancakes!
- Starting with the butter, melt it, and then let it cool.
- The eggs mix the best if they are room temperature. If you forgot to take them out in advance, just run them until warm water for a couple of minutes.
- You can use any kind of milk in this recipe! My favourite is oat milk. If the recipe at the end seems too thick, just add a bit more milk until it’s thick, but runny. If you want a thinner pancake, add more milk until the batter is quite runny.
- Mix the gluten free all purpose flour with the almond flour. Add in the salt and baking soda. You can add in cinnamon as well at this point if you like.
- Once the butter has cooled, add to the dry ingredients with the eggs and milk.
- Mix the batter well until it is nice and smooth!
- Preheat your pan, and oil it. I use butter for more added flavour, but coconut oil works well too. Don’t skip this because no one wants pancakes stuck to their pan.
- Pour out about 1/2 cup of batter at a time. Cook until bubbles form all over the pancake and then flip.
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings!
- These pancakes hold up well. We make extra for my kids to pop in the toaster over the next week.
Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1 cup GF all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs room temp if possible
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and salt. Add in the eggs, vanilla, milk and butter. Whisk well until it’s all combined.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium low heat. Oil the pan slightly so the pancakes don’t stick. Pour the batter out 1/2 cup at a time. Cook until bubbles form all over the top then flip. Continue until all the batter is used.
For more breakfast ideas, try this double chocolate banana bread!