This Healthy Peanut Butter Granola makes the perfect snack! It’s loaded with delicious ingredients like oats, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts and pecans! I used very little maple syrup in this recipe to keep it low sugar.
I’ve been eating granola since I was a little kid. I usually put it on top of some yogurt, but eating it with some oat milk is delicious too! Typically, granola that is bought at the store is loaded with tons of sugar. Every time I eat it, I end up with a major sugar crash. So I started to make my own granola a couple of years ago to avoid that problem. I had no idea just how easy making granola is. Not to mention, you can customize the ingredients to whatever you like, and it’s cheaper!
Homemade granola is super easy to make. It only requires as little or as many ingredients as you want to add. To make this Healthy Peanut Butter Granola I used peanut butter because that’s what I have, but almond butter would work really well too! You can even use honey instead of maple syrup if that’s what you like! Easy snack ideas are important in our house because with two growing kids, food goes fast. Oats are perfect for snacks because they’re a complex carb. I make these cookie dough balls all the time too! You just can’t go wrong with oats!
This Healthy Peanut Butter Granola is packed with nutrients and makes about 3 cups. In order to get the chunky granola, you need to press it into the pan and don’t break it up until it’s completely cooled! If you want to speed along this process, you can pop it into the fridge to cool the coconut oil faster.
To make this granola gluten-free, make sure your oats are gluten-free!
Making this Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
- Start off with warming up the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm just enough to mix it all together. Then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola in an even layer. Press the granola into the tray to compress it.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking up.
- If you don’t have the exact nuts and seeds, use something else! If using dried fruit, add after the granola is baked.
Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup over medium heat. Heat until all ingredients are mixed well. Turn off the heat, and whisk in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, hemp hearts, pecans, pumpkin seeds and salt together. Add in the wet ingredients and mix well until everything is coated.
- Spread the granola out on the baking sheet. Press the granola down so there are no loose pieces. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. It should be golden brown.
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking apart.
Leave a Reply