This Prosciutto and Brie Sandwich with Spicy Honey is the perfect summer sandwich to bring to the beach. It’s actually just the perfect easy picnic or otherwise sandwich. We are a house of sandwich lovers over here. It is my favourite lunch ever. In the warmer months, a sandwich goes perfectly with a salad, and in the cooler months, a warm bowl of soup! This Simple Grape and Feta Arugula Salad with Candied Pecans would go perfectly! Looking for a bowl of soup? Check out this Simple and Healthy Cream of Cauliflower Soup.
Why you’ll love this brie sandwich so much!
This prosciutto and brie sandwich with spicy honey makes the perfect to go lunch. It holds up super well, so can be made in advance, and it’s hearty and has sweet and spicy flavours. This sandwich makes for a great picnic! It’s easy to switch the meat to anything you like. Try turkey or ham, both would be delicious!
Ingredients needed for this picnic style honey brie sandwich with prosciutto!
- Ciabatta Buns – Or any type of bread, but these buns hold up really well!
- Prosciutto – Prosciutto works great here, but salami, ham or Turkey will be tasty too!
- Brie – Slices of creamy brie take this sandwich to another level!
- Mayonnaise – Dressing for the sandwich.
- Dijon Mustard – Adds a little zest to the sandwich.
- Honey – Liquid honey works best.
- Ceyenne Pepper – For making the spicy honey.
- Lettuce – Use any type you like!
How to make this prosciutto and brie sandwich with spicy honey!
This sandwich can easily be made exactly how you like it. Add more prosciutto if you want, add more brie! There really isn’t just one way to make a sandwich. Here’s how I assembled this delicious ciabatta bun sandwich.
To make the honey, mix together the honey with the cayenne pepper. Test and adjust to taste as you like.
Carefully slice your bun in half if it didn’t come already slice. Add mayonnaise to both sides of the bread, and then add the dijon to one side.
Fold the prosciutto and layer it on one side of the bun.
Slice the brie and layer it on top of the prosciutto. Drizzle the brie with the spicy honey, and then top with the lettuce. Add the other half of the bun, and enjoy!
How to store this hot honey prosciutto and brie sandwich?
This sandwich holds up really well. It will last a couple of days in the fridge. To store it, put it in an air tight container and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Prosciutto and Brie Sandwich with Spicy Honey
- 2 Ciabatta Buns sliced
- 6 slices brie
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and cayenne pepper. Taste test and adjust if needed. Add a bit more honey for less spice or a bit more cayenne for more. The honey will get spicier as the flavours blend.
- Spreads the mayonnaise on all four side of the buns. Then add dijon to one side of each sandwich.
- Layer on the prosciutto on one side of the sandwich and then top with the brie slices. Drizzle the brie with the honey and then add on the lettuce. Top with the other half of the bun, and enjoy!