These Healthy Cranberry Pecan Muffins are soft and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. They make a perfect snack or breakfast because they are full of almond flour, cranberries and pecans!
Muffins are known for being cupcakes without frosting. There is nothing wrong with that, but sometimes you want a muffin that is less sweet and one that has more protein and fibre in it. These muffins are perfect for that!
If you love a good muffin, I have more muffin recipes!
- Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Rhubarb Crumble Muffins
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Are these Healthy Cranberry Pecan Muffins Gluten Free?
These healthy cranberry muffins can be make gluten free! I have made them using Bobs Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour. Make sure the almond flour you are using is also gluten free. If making these muffins gluten free, I recommend they are eaten within a few days. And, they are absolutely delicious warmed up with a little bit of butter!
Can I make these healthy muffins vegan?
I have not tested these Healthy Cranberry Pecan Muffins to make them vegan. A couple of simple swaps may work, but since I haven’t tested it, I can’t guarantee it! The milk can be replaced with a plant milk, and the two eggs could be replaced with flax eggs. The texture will most likely be different though.
Tips for making these Cranberry Muffins!
- Make sure the almond flour you are using is finely ground because otherwise it won’t be a soft and fluffy muffin.
- I love to sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on top for a little bit of crunchy sweetness.
- Make sure your baking powder is fresh! It’s good to replace your baking powder at around six months!
Ingredients for these Cranberry Pecan Muffins!
- Oil – I have used olive oil in these muffins, but you can use avocado or coconut oil as well!
- Maple Syrup – Both honey and maple syrup will work to sweeten these muffins. If you use honey, the muffin will be sweeter because it it’s sweeter than maple syrup. Both are delicious!
- Eggs – two large eggs are used in this recipe. They add texture and protein to the muffins.
- Milk– You can use regular milk or plant milk here to keep them dairy free.
- Almond Flour – I get mine at Costco in a big bag. It adds a lovely texture to these muffins and adds in protein and fibre too!
- All Purpose Flour – You can use gluten free all purpose flour as well.
- Cinnamon – Adds such a lovely flavour to these! Use more or less if you like!
- Salt – Is a flavour enhancer, don’t skip this! I used finely ground pink salt.
- Baking Powder – This give the muffins their rise!
- Cranberries – It’s best to use fresh cranberries in these muffins. You can use dried as well if needed. I suggest rehydrating them in some boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and then pat dry!
- Pecans – Make sure the pecans are chopped up or broken in pieces!
- Brown Sugar – This is completely optional, but I like to sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on the top of each muffin because it looks pretty and it also adds a pop of sweet crunch as you bite into the muffin!
How to make these One Bowl Cranberry Muffins!
These muffins come together really quickly and use minimal dishes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a 12 cup muffin tin with parchment cups. You can also spray the muffin tin with cooking spray if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, maple syrup or honey and milk.
- Pour in the flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the fresh cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Fill the muffin cups evenly, and then sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Healthy Cranberry Pecan Muffins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup almond flour packed
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- brown sugar optional
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a muffin tin with parchment liners. Or spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, milk and maple syrup or honey. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour, all purpose flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and pecans.
- Fill all 12 muffin cups evenly. Sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar on top (this is optional).
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let them cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply