If you know me, you know that I can eat this Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing for weeks. I love it! It’s smooth and sweet, with just the perfect amount of tang to it. I put it on every salad, and then take bread to clean my bowl. This salad dressing will take even the most boring salad and make it pop. I like to pair it with a bitter green, cucumber, tomatoes, fresh fruit, pretty much everything! When we have all of the grandparents over for dinner, they know that this is one of the salad dressings.
This Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing is also absolutely amazing on these Cornflake Crusted Chicken Burgers.
Tips : Depending on the size of garlic cloves, you may only need one. I absolutely love garlic, so I always add two.
You can use seedy mustard as well, and it’s just as tasty.
Ingredients needed for this Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing!
- Dijon Mustard – Adds flavour and emulsifies the dressing. Seedy mustard will work here too!
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This gives the tangy taste to the dressing. You can use white wine vinegar too.
- Oil – I use either avocado or olive oil for my salad dressings. Avocado oil is more of a neutral flavour.
- Honey – Any honey will work here. Use maple syrup to make it vegan.
- Onion – A half cup of diced onion is needed in this salad dressing. Shallots will work too!
- Garlic – Use two small cloves or one large clove in this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper – Adjust to taste for these!
You can either blend this easy salad dressing in a high speed blender or use an immersion blender.
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender, blend until smooth. Or, combine all ingredients in a wide mouthed mason jar. Give a slight stir. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
I use a mason jar because it doubles as storage.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- This dressing can be made in a small blender or in a bowl and blended with an immersion blender.
- Mix everything together, and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Leave a Reply