This curried carrot and ginger soup is SO fast and easy to make, you can have lunch on the table in no time! The flavours are so bold with a little bit of spice, it’s perfect for dipping some hot naan bread in.
Soup is one of the easiest things to whip up for a quick meal. It’s usually loaded with vegetables, and you can have it on the table within 30 minutes. There’s a never ending variety of ways that soup can be prepared with different ingredients and spices!
This curried carrot and ginger soup is a little bit sweet and a little bit tangy. I love dipping warmed bread like naan in it. I’ll often buy the little naan bread from the store and pop them into the toaster for easy dipping!
This soup is a super easy meal because you basically throw everything into a pot, and then blend it. I’ve used my Vitamix blender for this one, but any high speed blended will work.
How to make this Curried Carrot Ginger Soup!
- You’re going to start off by cooking the onions in a little bit of oil until they are translucent. This brings out the sweetness of them.
- Then you’ll add in the chopped carrots and cook for about 5 minutes.
- This is when you’ll put in the garlic and ginger and curry paste and continue to cook until fragrant.
- Pour in your vegetable broth, and then let this soup simmer for around 15-20 minutes!
- Let this soup cool a bit before blending. Then enjoy!
- I used a Vindaloo curry paste for this soup. Use what you like the taste of! Don’t skip it though because it makes the soup!
Curried Carrot Ginger Soup
- 8 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" ginger knob, grated or minced
- 5 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped carrots and continue to cooking, stirring often for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the ginger, curry paste and the garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the vegetable stock and scrape up and brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Let soup cool for 5-10 minutes before blending. Blend until smooth. Enjoy immediatly!