If you have bananas at home, it’s time to make this Gluten Free Banana Cardamom Bread!
I have had a love of banana bread since I was very young. It’s one of the first things I learned how to bake from scratch when I was in my teens. This Gluten Free Banana Cardamom loaf is amazing. The blend of spices kick it up a notch, and the olive oil and yogurt keep it soft and delicious.
Baking gluten free isn’t always easy. When my daughter needed to cut out gluten, one of the first things I made her was pizza crust. She was an angel, and ate her pizza. She said it was delicious, when in fact, the crust tasted like dirt. It was terrible! Thankfully, the options for gluten free flours are great now, and my knowledge of working with them has also improved greatly!
I love this Gluten Free Banana Cardamom Bread because it uses olive oil instead of butter. I always have a bottle of oil in the pantry, but I don’t always remember to take out my butter to soften it. Plus, I think it help to keep the banana bread soft for days. Not that it will last that long, but it does keep for many days. If you’re looking for a delicious Double Chocolate Banana Bread, look right here! It’s also incredibly delicious!
- Bananas – Make sure they are nice and ripe. They should be brown and spotty.
- Olive Oil – I used extra virgin, but whatever you have on hand will work.
- Gluten Free Flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill here.
- Sugar – I used coconut sugar, but regular brown sugar will work too.
- Yogurt – Sour cream will work here if you don’t have yogurt.
- Spices – If you don’t have cardamom, just use more cinnamon.
How to Make Gluten Free Banana Cardamom Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil and sugar together. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add in the yogurt and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, now add in the mashed banana.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and sprinkle the top with a little extra sugar!
- Bake the loaf for 50-60 minutes. Once out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Banana Cardamom Bread
- 3 medium Bananas mashed
- 1 cup Almond Flour packed
- 1 cup All purpose GF Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or spray with oil.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix ther oil and sugar together. add in the eggs and mix. Add the yogurt and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour in the banana and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the top with a dusting of sugar. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Once the banana bread is done, let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Then transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely.