These White Chocolate Almond Cookies are so easy to whip up, and they’re packed full of delicious flavour. The browned butter takes these cookies to the next level. Each bite of these White Chocolate Almond Cookies is chewy and incredible. You’ll want to make these over and over again.
Baking cookies is one of my favourite things to do. They’re easy to make, easy to bring to a gathering, and everyone likes cookies. I have never met a single person who isn’t up to try a cookie. When the cookie is full of delicious white chocolate and has a beautiful almond flavour, it’s even better.
These White Chocolate Almond Cookies are soft and chewy. I used two white chocolate bars in these cookies and cut them up to make chunks. Topping each cookie with another chunk of chocolate makes them even better!
- Browned Butter – This is an important step because it takes the flavour to the next level. Heat the butter in a pan until it starts to brown, continue to stir until it’s a deep colour. Be careful to not burn the butter. Make sure to include all the little brown bits as well. To cool, place the butter in the fridge for a short amount of time. It still needs to be liquid.
- Flour – All Purpose Gluten Free flour can be used for these white chocolate almond cookies, or regular unbleached all purpose flour can be used.
- Almond Flour – This is easy to find at most stores. The almond flour adds a great crumb to these chewy cookies. It also adds flavour.
- Almond Extract – This is important for the almond flavouring in these white chocolate almond cookies.
- Chocolate – I used two white chocolate bars and chopped them up into small pieces. White chocolate chips will also work here!
How to Make these White Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brown the butter over medium heat until it’s a medium brown colour. Transfer to a heat proof bowl and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, measure out the almond flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk to mix the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and butter together for a minute. Add in the eggs and the almond extract. Continue to mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate piece or chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 375° for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For more cookie recipes, look here!
White Chocolate Almond Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter melted and browned
- 2 c AP Flour or GF Flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 white chocolate bars or 1.5 cups white chocolate chips chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Brown the butter in a pan over medium heat until it's a caramel colour. Pour into a heat proof dish and cool in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together for a minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add in the chocolate and mix well.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized balls of dough and place 2" apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and immediatly bang the cookie sheet on the counter a couple of times. This deflates the cookie. Let the cookies cool for two minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.