These Simple and Fluffy Lemon Pancakes are the perfect twist on the traditional pancake recipe. These fluffy pancakes are sure to bring a smile with some maple syrup, or fresh whipped cream! This easy pancake recipe makes the perfect base for all your favourite toppings, such as berries, banana, whipped cream, and maple syrup. Maybe even just a dusting of icing sugar! I paired these up with some fresh yogurt, blueberries and a sprinkle of sugar because I loved how the lemon flavour really popped with that combination!
If you love lemon, check out this Olive Oil Citrus Loaf. It’s absolutely delicious and perfectly sweetened.
Can I make these simple and fluffy lemon pancakes gluten free?
These classic pancakes can be made gluten free. Replace the all purpose flour with a gluten free flour blend such as Bobs Red Mill.
Can this easy pancake recipe be made dairy free?
Yes this simple pancake recipe can be made dairy free. To make them dairy free swap out the milk for oat milk.
Ingredients needed for these fluffy pancakes?
- All Purpose flour is needed to keep these pancakes nice and fluffy!
- Milk – Any milk will work in this recipe.
- Eggs – Two large are needed for these pancakes.
- Olive Oil – I’ve used olive oil in these pancakes because the flavour goes so well with the lemon. You can use avocado oil or melted and cooled coconut oil as well if needed.
- Baking Powder – Gives these pancakes their rise!
- Salt – I used sea salt in this pancakes recipe.
- Sugar – Just two tablespoons for the batch is all that is needed.
- Lemon zest – This gives the pancakes the tasty lemon flavour. Use the zest of one large lemon.
How to make these fluffy lemon pancakes?
This simple lemon pancake recipe will come together quickly.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, olive oil, sugar and lemon zest. Whisk this together well because you want the sugar to not be clumpy.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix it well until it’s all combined.
Preheat your pan on the stove over medium heat or preheat your griddle. Depending on the surface you are cooking the pancakes on, you may need some oil. Spray the pan with oil if needed.
Once the pan is preheated pour half a cup of batter on the pan and cook until air bubbles pop up. Once this happens, carefully flip the pancake to the other side and continue to cook until it’s done. I find it’s around another 30 seconds for the second side. Continue to cook all until all the pancake batter is done. To keep them warm, place them on a plate and wrap with tin foil!
Serve these delicious and simple pancakes warm with some fresh berries and whipping cream for the tastiest experience.
Simple and Fluffy Lemon Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- zest of one lemon
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, olive oil, sugar and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Preheat your pan over medium heat. Spray with oil if needed. Pour 1/2 cup of pancake batter in the pan and cook until air bubbles pop up at the top. Then flip the pancake and continue cooking until cooked all the way through, usually another 30-45 seconds.
- To keep the pancakes warm wile cooking them all, place on a plate and cover loosely with foil. Serve the lemon pancakes with fresh fruit, whipped cream and syrup!