This Simple and Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is hands down, one of my favourite recipes ever! Every single time I make this easy creamy pasta recipe, our guests rave. It’s so simple, it’s almost hard to believe that it tastes this good. But I promise, this quick and delicious Italian sausage pasta recipe is a winner!
For more delicious dinner ideas check out this Easy Pasta Puttanesca with Beef and these Crispy Cornflake Chicken Burgers with Garlic Aioli.
Can I make this Simple and Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta Gluten Free?
This simple creamy pasta recipe is very easy to make gluten free. Make sure your Italian sausage is gluten free, and then use a gluten free pasta noodle. It’s a good idea to double check all your other ingredients just to make sure, but they don’t usually contain gluten.
Can I make a vegetarian version of this easy Italian sausage pasta?
Yes, you can easily make this vegetarian. I have actually made it vegetarian before, and I recommend using a vegetarian Italian sausage such as Beyond Meat. This has a great texture for this pasta sauce.
Ingredients needed for this Simple and Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta!
This delicious pasta recipe is simple, and doesn’t require any fussy ingredients. I’m all about good food, but it doesn’t need to be tricky! Here is what you need to make this easy pasta dinner!
- Italian Sausage – 1 pound of Italian sausage is used. You can use turkey or pork sausage. The casing needs to be removed before cooking.
- Italian Stewed Tomatoes – One can (540ml) of Italian seasoned stewed tomatoes is used in this recipe.
- Shallot – One large shallot or one small onion finely diced is needed for this recipe.
- Garlic – 4 cloves of minced garlic adds so much flavour to this pasta.
- Whipping Cream – Whipping cream is what gives this pasta a creamy sauce. 1.5 cups is needed for the whole recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated parmesan brings so much flavour to this pasta recipe.
- Basil – Dried basil is added to the sauce.
- Oregano – Dried oregano is needed as well. If you don’t have one or the other for spices, that’s fine.
- Salt and Pepper – Add these two to your own taste. Sometimes the Italian sausage can be salty, so you won’t need to add as much. Tastes, adjust and then taste again.
- Pasta – Any pasta works for this recipe. I used penne. You’ll need 1lb of pasta for this recipe.
How to make this simple and creamy pasta!
This recipe comes together quickly, so it’s best to prepare all your ingredients before starting to cook.
Cook your pasta according to directions and then drain and set aside.
Dice up the shallots or onion nice and fine. Strain the tomatoes and then chop them. Mince the garlic and have that ready to go.
Start the recipe by heating a large pot over medium heat, and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add in the shallots and then the Italian sausage (casing removed) and start cooking. Once the meat is completely browned and cooked through, add in the garlic, basil and oregano. Cook until the garlic smells fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Now pour in the tomatoes, herbs and then add the whipping cream and the parmesan cheese. Stir to combine it all, and then bring to a low boil. Simmer with the lid off on low for about 5 minutes to lightly thicken the sauce.
Once the sauce has thickened, do a taste test for salt and pepper. I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
Now that the sauce is complete, add the noodles to the pot, toss with the sauce and serve right away! Add some more parmesan and fresh cracked pepper!
Simple and Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage casing removed
- 1 large shallot diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 can Italian seasoned stewed tomatoes 540ml
- 1.2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1.5 cups freshly grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Cook the pasta according to directions and then set aside.
- In a large pot, heat thew olive oil over medium heat. Cook the sausage and shallots until the sausage is all cooked.
- Add in the garlic and the dried herbs and cook until the garlic is fragrant. Now add in the stewed tomatoes.
- Add the whipping cream and the parmesan cheese. Bring to a low boil, and then let it simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then toss with the pasta!
- Serve the pasta immediately! Add on some fresh parmesan and more freshly cracked pepper!
Leave a Reply