This One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes has all the good flavours of lemon, garlic and oregano. This simple chicken dinner recipe makes a great weeknight meal. Everything about this easy chicken and potatoes dinner is a winner. A one sheet pan meal means less dishes, and easy cleanup! Pair this quick dinner recipe with a side salad, or even throw some veggies on the pan too. You simply can’t go wrong! I love this healthy chicken drumstick recipe. I find chicken drumsticks often get overlooked, but they make a great meal!
For more quick dinner ideas, check out this 30 Minute Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Recipe, and this White Wine Chicken and Orzo!
Can I use any chicken cut for this one pan Greek lemon chicken and potatoes?
Yes, you can definitely use any type of chicken you like for this sheet pan dinner recipe. Chicken breasts will dry out quicker, so only add them to the pan for however long they need to be cooked for. Since the oven temperature is fairly high, I recommend using dark meat as it stays juicier.
Ingredients needed for this simple chicken sheet pan dinner!
This easy chicken drumstick recipe requires a few ingredients for the marinade. Everything works together perfectly to create this tasty chicken recipe.
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup of olive oil is needed for the marinade. It may sound like a lot, but a lot of it ends up on the pan.
- Lemon Juice – I prefer the taste of fresh lemons. The juice of one lemon (1/4 cup) is needed as well as another lemon to add to the pan.
- Garlic – Fresh pressed garlic is needed for this recipe. I used 6 medium cloves, and used a garlic press for them.
- Yellow Mustard – This may seem like a strange ingredient but it works perfectly. 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard is needed for the lemon marinade.
- Oregano – Dried oregano is the key herb in this easy greek potato recipe.
- Salt and Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon of each is used here. Use more if you like!
- Chicken Drumsticks – I used 8 chicken drumsticks for this recipe. You can use chicken thighs as well.
- Russet Potatoes – I like russet potatoes here because they turn out nice and crispy! 2 pounds is needed, and I cut them into wedges.
How to make this One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe?
This recipe is one of my favourite combinations. A little prep, and then off it goes into the oven. I like to start baking the potatoes while the chicken sits in the marinade for about 15 minutes as this lets the potatoes start to crisp.
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Whisk until it combined nicely. Toss the potatoes in the marinade.
Drizzle a little olive oil on a large sheet pan. Using tongs, place the potatoes all over the sheet pan with space in between them. Save the rest of the marinade. Put the potatoes into the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile add the chicken to the marinade and toss well to coat the chicken.
After the timer goes off, remove the sheet pan and flip the potatoes. Now add the chicken to the sheet pan scattering it with the potatoes. Use the rest of the marinade and brush it over the chicken and the potatoes.
Place the sheet pan back into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
When the chicken and potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and serve right away. This goes deliciously with a side salad, fresh pita and some tzatziki if you have it!
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 large sheet pan
- 2 lbs russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large lemon quartered
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 6 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- tzatziki for dipping optional
- Preheat the oven to 425° and drizzle some olive oil on a large sheet pan. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss the russet potatoes in the marinade and then using tongs, transfer them to the baking sheet. Spread them out so they aren't touching. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, toss the chicken drumsticks in the remaining marinade. Let them sit in the marinade until the potatoes are done. Remove the potatoes from the oven, and turn them oven. Now add the chicken drumsticks to the sheet pan, and add the quartered lemon on the pan.
- Brush the chicken and the potatoes with the remaining marinade. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked completely.
- Removed from the oven, and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply