This Quick and Easy Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Mushrooms is a very quick and simple dinner. I was inspired by my White Wine Chicken and Orzo with Sun Dried Tomatoes recipe. This pasta has all the good stuff. It has mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, parmesan and lemon. You really can’t go wrong with this flavour combination. It’s the kind of easy pasta recipe that can be whipped up in 15 minutes. That includes making the noodles. It’s just that fast of a recipe! Pair this simple and healthy pasta recipe with a protein for a tasty meal, or keep it as is.
If you love pasta, try making this Easy and Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta.
Can I make this Quick and Easy Lemon Parmesan Pasta recipe gluten free?
Yes, this recipe is easily made gluten free. Make sure the vegetable broth you use doesn’t contain any gluten and use a gluten free pasta noodle.
Do I have to use mushrooms in this simple lemon parmesan pasta recipe?
If you don’t love mushrooms, that’s totally fine, just switch them out for anything you like. You could keep it simple and add in more spinach. You could also add in some red peppers, shaved Brussel sprouts, asparagus, or any other veggie you love. Just keep in mind the time that the chosen vegetable takes to cook. Mushrooms take only a few minutes to cook, so plan accordingly.
Ingredients used in this healthy vegetarian pasta recipe!
This pasta recipe is fresh and loaded with flavour. The few ingredients combined create a lovely pasta that pairs well with pretty much anything. Read below for what is needed for this easy pasta recipe.
- Pasta – Use whatever noodle you like. I used spaghetti.
- Lemon – The juice of half a lemon is used in this recipe.
- Mushrooms – White button mushrooms work great for this simple pasta.
- Sun dried tomatoes – Use oil packed marinated sun dried tomatoes. This adds part of the flavour to this pasta dish.
- Spinach – Roughly 3 cups of baby spinach is used here. It seems like a lot, but it really shrinks down.
- Garlic – 3 cloves of freshly diced garlic adds the perfect touch to this recipe.
- Onion – 1/4 cup of diced onion is needed.
- Butter – 1 tablespoon of butter is used to cook the mushrooms and onions.
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon is used for seasoning.
- Parmesan Cheese – Use freshly grated parmesan for this recipe.
- Vegetable Broth – 1 cup of vegetable broth is used for the sauce.
How to make this simple and healthy pasta recipe?
This quick and Easy Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Mushrooms is done in about 15 minutes, so prepare everything before you start cooking because this pasta recipe moves quickly.
Start the pasta and cook according to the directions.
In a medium pot, heat the butter over medium heat. once the butter is melted add in the onion and the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Now add in the sun dried tomatoes and the oil and stir around with the mushrooms and onion. The oil adds to the layers of flavour, so don’t get rid of that. Add in the garlic and the oregano and cook until the garlic is fragrant, which is about 30 seconds. Pour in the lemon juice and add in half the parmesan cheese and stir.
While the pasta is cooking, save about one cup of the water because it can be helpful to loosen the sauce at the end if needed.
Once the pasta noodles are done cooking, strain the noodles and immediately toss with the pasta sauce. Sprinkle on the rest of the parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to your taste!
Quick and Easy Lemon Parmesan Pasta with Mushrooms
- 1 large pasta pot
- 1 sauce pan
- 300 g spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth or chicken
- 1/2 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes chopped and in oil
- 1/2 lemon worth of juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/5 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- In a medium saucepan or Dutch Oven, heat the butter over medium heat and add the onion and mushrooms. Cook until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes and then the garlic and oregano. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and 1/2 the parmesan cheese. Stir and bring to a simmer. Now add in the spinach and stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Add in the lemon juice.
- While the pasta is cooking, reserve a cup of the pasta water. This helps to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Once the noodles are done, strain the noodles and toss with the sauce immediately. Add in the rest of the parmesan cheese. If the sauce seems too sticky, add in a little pasta water at a time.
- Add in freshly cracked pepper and serve immediately with more parmesan and more pepper!
Leave a Reply