Everyone needs this Zucchini Honey Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting in their life. And now that I have used the term snack cake, I will use it more often because it needs to be a thing.
This Zucchini Honey Snack Cake is super moist and absolutely delicious. It’s sweetened with honey and has cardamom and cinnamon in it. I topped this snack cake with cream cheese frosting and it makes it extra amazing. This cake is delicious on it’s own, but add on the frosting and you’ve got yourself a cake that is versatile!
If you love a good snack, check out these recipes!
Ingredients needed for this Zucchini Honey Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
- Flour – This recipes calls for one cup of regular all purpose flour.
- Whole Wheat Flour – I have used 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour in this cake.
- Honey – 3/4 cup of honey is needed here. This adds the sweetness to this cake.
- Zucchini – 1 cup of zucchini is needed here. It’s best to grate it on the regular side and not finely.
- Olive oil – This adds the moisture to this cake. Avocado oils works well too!
- Baking powder and baking soda – Is used for leavening this cake.
- Egg – One large eggs is used here.
- Salt – Use regular sea salt.
- Spices – This cake calls for cinnamon and cardamom. The cardamom adds a unique flavour, but if you’re not a fan, just skip it.
How to make this Zucchini Cake!
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and honey. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Mix until just combined.
- Now mix in the zucchini until just combined.
- Pour the mixture in to an 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean!
- If you want to frost the cake, wait until it cools completely. Otherwise the frosting will melt off.
- This zucchini cake is best stored in the fridge once it is frosted. For the best flavour, bring it to room temperature before serving.
Zucchini Honey Snack Cake
One bowl zucchini cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup grated zucchini
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup softened salted butter
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the honey and oil, add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- To the large bowl, add the flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cardamom. Mix until just combined. Now mix in the zucchini.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 pan and baking for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If you want to frost the cake, let it cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and well combined. Add in the vanilla. Slowly add the sugar and mix well.
- Make sure the cake is cool before frosting!
This Zucchini Honey Cake should be stored in the fridge once it is frosted. Let it come to room temperature for best flavour before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Can’t wait to try this recipe
This is such a perfect summer recipe! Love it