Everyone needs this Zucchini Honey Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting in their life. And now that I have used the term snack cake, I will use it more often because it needs to be a thing.
This Zucchini Honey Snack Cake is super moist and absolutely delicious. It’s sweetened with honey and has cardamom and cinnamon in it. I topped this snack cake with cream cheese frosting and it makes it extra amazing. This cake is delicious on it’s own, but add on the frosting and you’ve got yourself a cake that is versatile!
If you love a good snack, check out these recipes!
Ingredients needed for this Zucchini Honey Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
- Flour – This recipes calls for one cup of regular all purpose flour.
- Whole Wheat Flour – I have used 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour in this cake.
- Honey – 3/4 cup of honey is needed here. This adds the sweetness to this cake.
- Zucchini – 1 cup of zucchini is needed here. It’s best to grate it on the regular side and not finely.
- Olive oil – This adds the moisture to this cake. Avocado oils works well too!
- Baking powder and baking soda – Is used for leavening this cake.
- Egg – One large eggs is used here.
- Salt – Use regular sea salt.
- Spices – This cake calls for cinnamon and cardamom. The cardamom adds a unique flavour, but if you’re not a fan, just skip it.
How to make this Zucchini Cake!
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and honey. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cardamom. Mix until just combined.
- Now mix in the zucchini until just combined.
- Pour the mixture in to an 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean!
- If you want to frost the cake, wait until it cools completely. Otherwise the frosting will melt off.
- This zucchini cake is best stored in the fridge once it is frosted. For the best flavour, bring it to room temperature before serving.
Zucchini Honey Snack Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup grated zucchini
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup softened salted butter
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the honey and oil, add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- To the large bowl, add the flours, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cardamom. Mix until just combined. Now mix in the zucchini.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 pan and baking for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If you want to frost the cake, let it cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and well combined. Add in the vanilla. Slowly add the sugar and mix well.
- Make sure the cake is cool before frosting!