This simple no-bake cheesecake with strawberries is a true winner. I have been making this whipped cheesecake recipe for years and years. It is truly one of the most well loved recipes of all my family and is often requested. It’s quite a simple recipe, and it will wow anyone. I always make two when we have lots of people over. Multiple people always go back for more!
What is a No-Bake Cheesecake?
A no-bake cheesecake or a whipped cheesecake is a recipe that doesn’t require any baking. The crust is made from graham crumbs, and the filling is a combination of whipping cream and cream cheese. This cheesecake is light and fluffy and is a deliciously light dessert.
Can I make this simple no-bake cheesecake with strawberries gluten free?
This easy cheesecake recipe can be adapted to a gluten free version. Simple swap out the graham crumbs for a gluten free version. The rest of the ingredients are typically gluten free, but it’s a good idea to double check your ingredients.
What Ingredients are needed for a no-bake cheesecake?
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – These are used as the base of the crust.
- Brown Sugar – Needed for the crust base.
- Butter – A little melted butter is added to the crust and holds it together.
- Cinnamon – Added to the crust for flavour. You can omit if you don’t like cinnamon.
- Cream Cheese – 16 oz of cream cheese are needed for this cheesecake. Use the block cream cheese. I use Philadelphia cream cheese because it’s a bit thicker than some.
- Whipping Cream – Pure whipping cream is used in the cheesecake. Don’t use cool whip or already whipped cream in a can.
- Sugar – Is used to sweeten the cheesecake.
- Lemon Juice – A small amount is used as flavour in this cheesecake.
How to Make this simple whipped cheesecake recipe!
This cheesecake will quickly become one of you’re favourite recipes. Follow the instructions and you will have an amazing dessert recipe that makes everyone happy.
Line a springform pan with payment paper, I used a 9″ pan. You can also use a pie plate. It depends how you want to serve the cheesecake. The springform pan isn’t needed for any technical reasons. It just works nicely for presentation.
Melt the butter and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour the melted butter in and mix until everything is well combined. Pour the crust mixture into your pie pan and press down firmly. You can use the back of a glass or a spoon to flatten it. You want to make sure the crust it packed in tightly so it isn’t super crumbly, and then place it in the fridge to cool while you make the whipped cheesecake.
For the filling!
Using a stand mixer or a hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese and the lemon juice together. Once it’s well mixed, slowly add in the whipping cream and keep mixing.
Once the whipping cream and cream cheese are well combined and the mixture started to thicken, slowly add in the sugar and keep mixing.
When the sugar is fully mixed in, turn the speed up on the mixer and mix until the cream cheese and whipping cream form a fluffy whipped texture. It shouldn’t be runny at all. See photos below or what it should look like.
Now it’s time to fill the pan. Remove the pan from the fridge and evenly spread the whipped batter into the pan. You can make it flat, or you can swirl the top a little. Now place the pan into the fridge and let it sit for a couple of hours. This time allows for the cheesecake to firm back up and the sugar granules to moisten.
When it’s time to serve, simple cut around the edges of the cheesecake with a butter knife if you used a springform pan. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan, and slice and serve with fresh strawberries cut up on top! Or use whatever fruit you like for the topping!
Simple No-Bake Cheesecake with Strawberries
- 1 stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1 springform pan
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham crackers crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix the ingredients until it's all wet.
- Line you pie plate or springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom. Pour the crust mixture in and compress it evenly. You want a nice even layer. Firmly compact it so the mixture isn't crumbly anymore. Place in the fridge to cool while you make the whipped mixture.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and lemon juice until well combined. Slowly add in the whipping cream and beat until it starts to thicken. Slowly add in the sugar and keep mixing. Turn the mixer up and beat until the cream cheese mixture is nice and thick. It should look like fluffy cream cheese.
- Remove the crust from the fridge and spread the whipped cheesecake onto the crust. Once it's evenly spread out, place the cheesecake back in the fridge for 2 hours. If more than 2 hours, cover with some plastic wrap.
- To serve, cut around the edge with a butter knife (if using a springform pan) and then remove the sides of the pan. Top the cheesecake with fresh strawberries and cut into 12 slices. Enjoy!