These Sea Salted Almond Butter Brownies are the perfect twist on the classic brownie. They are chewy and packed full of chocolate flavour with delicious almond butter mixed throughout.
If there’s one thing I have noticed, it’s that people like brownies. There’s something about that chewy texture that makes them irresistible. I love to make a classic brownie, but as a nut butter fanatic, I thought I’d combine the two. It was the best decision of my week! These Sea Salted Almond Butter Brownies do not disappoint and did not last long in my house! I thought that I should freeze some for later, but they didn’t make it to the freezer.
This recipe is actually quite easy to make. It makes enough for an 8×8 pan, and 16 brownies. The options are endless for topping too! I like to add some extra chocolate chips on top and course sea salt. I highly recommend that because the sea salt takes the flavour to the next level.
For more delicious desserts, check out these!
- Almond Butter – I used unsweetened natural almond butter for these.
- Butter – Salted butter is used in these brownies, but you can use unsalted as well.
- Sugar – White sugar gives these brownies their sweetness.
- Cocoa Powder – I used Hershey’s cocoa powder for these, but any cocoa powder will work.
- Eggs – You’ll need 3 large eggs for this recipe.
- Flour – These brownies were made gluten-free using all purpose gluten free flour. Substitute all purpose flour for non gluten-free brownies.
- Vanilla – Use pure vanilla extract in these brownies.
- Chocolate chips – Either dark or milk chocolate chips work for this recipe.
How to make these Sea Salted Almond Butter Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the almond butter, one egg, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- In a saucepan on the stove, melt the butter and sugar together. Add in the salt and vanilla. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and whisk well. Then pour this into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared baking dish. Scatter the almond butter mixture into the brownie batter. I scattered it over all the brownie mixture.
- Take a spoon or spatula and slowly swirl in the almond mixture. Swirl it in evenly, but don’t over mix it. You still want to see the almond butter mixture.
- Top the brownies with more chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 28-32 minutes. Remove and let them cool. Remove the brownies from the pan, and cut them into 16 squares. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Sea Salted Almond Butter Brownies
Almond Butter Batter
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus more for garnish
- coarse sea salt for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Almond Butter Batter
- In a small bowl, whisk togethet the almond butter, egg, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and salt together. Let cool for five minutes and then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Pour in the wet brownie ingredients and mix well. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan. Scatter the almond butter batter over the brownie batter. Gently swirl them together using a spoon or spatula. Don't over mix because you still want to see the almond butter.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Let the brownies cool before removing from the pan. They will be very cumbly when hot.
- Once cool, remove from the pan and cut into 16 squares. Sprinkle with course sea salt and enjoy!