This Smoked Cheddar Broccoli Soup is so fast and easy to make, it will quickly become one of your favourite soups.
Broccoli is such a healthy cruciferous vegetable. I love making soups loaded with veggies and flavour. All you need for this Smoked Cheddar Broccoli Soup is a big pot, and either an immersion blender or regular blender.
Check out these other delicious soups!
- Onion – Half a large yellow onion is used in this soup.
- Broccoli – The stems and crowns can be used.
- Zucchini – This adds creaminess to the soup and more nutrients!
- Russet Potatoes – No need to peel the potatoes before.
- Olive Oil – Use whatever you have on hand. Avocado oil or even butter will work here.
- Garlic Powder – If you don’t have garlic powder, use 3 cloves of garlic instead.
- Thyme – I used dried thyme in this soup.
- Rosemary – Fresh or dried will work.
- Smoked Cheddar – This give a delicious flavour, but you can use regular cheddar cheese if needed. To make the soup vegan, use a smoked vegan cheese.
- Milk – Any milk will work here. I used oat milk because that’s what I had.
- Stock – Use either vegetable stock or chicken stock.
How to make this Smoked Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Prepare all your ingredients first because this soup moves fast.
- In a large pot cook the onion in the olive oil until it softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, zucchini, potato, and spices. Cook for 3 minutes stirring often.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Cook until all the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for 5 minutes, transfer to a blender and blend until it’s your desired consistency.
- Pour back into the pot and stir in the cheese and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately!
Smoked Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 lbs broccoli roughly chopped
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 russet potatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup smoked cheddar grated
- 1 cup milk
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Prepare all ingredients for cooking starts.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onion until it becomes soft. Add in the broccoli, potato, zucchini, and spices and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for 10 minutes, transfer to a blended and blend until smooth.
- Pour the soup back in the pot and add the cheese and milk. Stir until the cheese is melted. Serve immediatly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply