This spaghetti and meatballs is my daughters all time favourite meal. She literally dances in the kitchen when she finds out I’m making it.
When my daughter went vegetarian many years ago, she missed meatballs. She also can’t have gluten, so most vegetarian options are off the table. Once Beyond Meat came out with their burgers, her life was changed. Seriously though, if you haven’t had Beyond Meat products yet, they are incredible. They are juicy and create a very meat like dish.
Back to the meatball pasta… In this recipe I used the Beyond Meat ground to make them. I have found it at my grocery stores. I also used gluten free breadcrumbs in this spaghetti and meatballs, and they add the perfect texture to the meatballs and create a delicious tasting pasta that is super comforting.
If you’re looking for a fast and easy recipe for a weeknight, this dish is it. From start to finish it doesn’t take more than 30 minutes. The longest part is rolling out the meatballs, but if you have little helpers, this is a great job for them! My kids love to roll out the meatballs. My oldest always tries to make hers bigger.
Use whatever jar of marinara sauce that you like. I have a few favourites and I rotate through them. While I love making my own sauce, sometimes there just isn’t time for that. There are many delicious variety’s out there. Anything with roasted garlic gets my vote!
- If you can’t find gluten free breadcrumbs, make your own. Toast up some gluten free bread and crumble it. You can also use gluten free crackers. Almond flour could work too. I haven’t testes that yet.
- To keep the meatball size uniform, use a small cookie scoop. I usually make smaller meatballs to go in the pasta.
For another pasta idea, check out this Lemon Garlic Asparagus Penne!
Spaghetti and Meatballs – Vegan & Gluten Free
- 1 package beyond meat ground
- 1/4 cup GF breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 box GF spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar marinara sauce of choice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- parmeson cheese optional
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Set aside. Coat noodles in bit of olive oil to prevent clumping together.
- In a large bowl, combine the beyond meat, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and basil. Mix well. Scoop out the mixture in uniform amounts and roll into balls. If using a tbsp, you should end up with about 20 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the oil and onion and saute until the onion starts to turn translucent. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant. Add in the pasta sauce and bring to a low simmer.
- Once the pasta sauce is simmering, add the meatballs to the sauce. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Once the sauce is done, toss with the noodles and serve immediatly.
Leave a Reply