This Summer Peach Basil Pizza is the best way to celebrate the hot weather! The peaches and basil go together beautifully and the balsamic glaze seeds the deal. This summer pizza recipe can be either a main meal or an appetizer, it’s perfect either way!
Can I make this Summer Peach Basil Pizza Gluten Free?
The pizza crust in this recipe is a wheat crust. To make this pizza gluten free, I suggest buying a gluten free pizza crust. I am still working on a gluten free pizza crust that tastes great!
Can I make this pizza recipe dairy free?
This pizza calls for mozzarella cheese. To make this summer pizza dairy free, simply swap out the dairy cheese for a vegan cheese! This pizza will look different because vegan cheese usually doesn’t melt the same way.
Ingredients needed for this summer pizza recipe!
Crust – I have made a crust from scratch here, but feel free to use a store bought crust or even naan bread. Naan makes delicious single serving pizzas! Read below for the simple ingredients needed to make this pizza crust! You can even freeze it! A great way to store pizza dough is in a reusable Stasher bag.
Flour – I used an all purpose flour for this recipe.
Yeast – Active dry yeast is needed for this pizza dough.
Olive Oil – Gives the crust some moisture and flavour!
Salt – Sea salt is what I used in this homemade pizza crust.
Water – Warm water is needed to activate the yeast! Make sure it isn’t too hot, otherwise it will kill the yeast. I like to have it warm like the temperature of baby bath water.
Peaches – You will need two peaches per pizza! It’s best if they are ripe, but not overly soft. The high temperature cooks them, and if they are too soft already, they will just become mushy.
Balsamic Vinegar – This is used to drizzle on the pizza after it’s done baking. In this recipe, we reduce the balsamic vinegar to thicken it up!
Basil – Fresh basil is ideal for this pizza. The basil is put on the pizza after it’s done baking to prevent wilting and it turning dark brown.
Mozzarella Cheese – The cheese of choice for this summer pizza recipe! If you don’t have mozzarella use another mild cheese like havarti or provolone. I used fresh mozzarella and sliced it up, but shredded cheese works well too!
How to make this easy summer pizza recipe!
The first thing to make is the crust. If you are using a pre-made crust, you can skip ahead to making the actual pizza. For the crust instructions, follow along! This pizza recipe is for two 10″ pizza’s. If you only want to make one pizza now, simply put the other dough in the fridge in a container.
For the crust, add the teaspoon of yeast to the cup of warm water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. The yeast should be nice and foamy on top.
In a large bowl, or a stand mixer with the kneading hook on it, add 1.5 cups of flour, and the salt. Now pour in the yeast mixture and the olive oil. Mix the dough until it pulls away from the bowl.
Coat the dough in a bit of olive oil and transfer to a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Let the dough rise for about 1.5 hours or until it doubles in size. If you have stone counters, place the bowl on top of a tea towel. Stone counters are cold to the touch and will cool the bowl down which prevents the dough from rising.
While the pizza dough is rising, it’s time to make the balsamic reduction. Heat the balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it starts simmering lightly. Continue to let it simmer until it’s reduced to about 1/4 cup. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
It’s time to make the pizza!
Preheat the oven to 450°.
Slice the peaches into thin pieces. About 1/4″ thin.
Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it in two! Roll the pizza dough out on a floured surface. Transfer it to a baking sheet.
Brush the pizza crust all over with olive oil. Top the pizza with mozzarella cheese, and then layer on the peaches. Repeat this for the second pizza.
Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven, and let it cool for five minutes.
Drizzle on the balsamic reduction. Layer on the fresh basil, and slice up the pizza and enjoy!
Summer Peach Basil Pizza
Easy Pizza Crust
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
Summer Peach Basil Pizza Toppings
- 4 peaches sliced
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle the active yeast in the cup of warm water and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, until the yeast is foaming on top.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add in the flour and salt.
- Once the yeast is ready, add to the flour mixture and add in the olive oil as well.
- Kneed the dough until it all comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Place it in a warm spot and let it rise for about 1.5 hours, or until doubled in size.
- As the dough is rising, make the balsamic reduction. Bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer over medium heat. Let it simmer until it's thickened and reduced to about 1/4 cup. Let it cool.
- Once the pizza dough is done preheat the oven to 450°.
- Punch down the pizza dough and divide it into two. This recipe will make two 10' pizzas.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Place the dough on a baking sheet. Brush the pizza dough with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over the pizza. Or arrange fresh mozzarella rounds on the pizza.Arrange the peaches around the whole pizza evenly. Repeat to make the second pizza.
- Bake the pizzas for 10-15 minutes. The crust should be lightly golden, and the cheese browning.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Drizzle the balsamic reduction on the pizza and spread out the fresh basil.
- Cut the pizza into 8 slices and enjoy!